Great Plains Drilling Ltd
Great Plains Drilling Ltd. was established in 1988 to provide the service of drilling Seismic shot holes for the purpose of exploration.
The company was founded by Gary Hauber and his wife Sharon of Cudworth Saskatchewan. Great Plains Drilling Ltd. has grown and expanded over the years from working primarily in the oil industry to now providing service in the petroleum and potash industries as well. The growing company is currently owned and operated by Gary and his family and employs 70-80 staff consisting of Drillers, Driller Helpers, Drill Pushes, Water Haulers, Mechanics, Health & Safety Personnel and Management.
More AboutGreat Plains Drilling Ltd
Great Plains Drilling maintains a Certificate of Recognition (COR) and is a member of Canadian Association of Geophysical Contractors (CAGC). The company continues to work towards enhancing its Health, Safety, Environment, Community (HSEC) program and has been enforcing zero harm with the company for a number of years.
Great Plains Drilling must have 100% commitment from managers, supervisors, and workers in order for them to be part of the team. The organization is very pleased with its group of workers and their positive attitudes and contributions they bring to the job site each day.
Great Plains Drilling supplies workers and equipment to drill Seismic shot holes for the purpose of exploration to client companies operating primarily in the petroleum and potash industries.
Our equipment consists of:
- Ten L.I.S. drills for 2.5 meter lines and four L.I.S. drills for 1.75 meter lines. All drills are equipped with water and/or air injection and are all on rubber tracks.
- Nine Tandem trucks with floater tires all with 10 foot rapid drills one of which is a 6x6 wheel drive
- Three 4 x 4 Buggies with 10 foot rapid drills
- Four Water trucks
- Three Water Bombies for 2.5 meter lines and one water bombi for 1.75 meter lines,
which are all on rubber tracks as well.
- One 2008-7730 John Deere Front Wheel Assist Snow Blower which is available for snow
- One 2006 Kenworth T800 Semi with 53' Tri Axle support used for hauling equipment
- We have enough equipment to provide two crews of Hand Augers.
- We run ATV’s with all our drills if allowed to do so but also have thirteen Kubotas which
some of our client’s request us to use. We have ten Kubota's on Tracks and three
Kubota's with tires.
Our equipment is in excellent operating condition and we continue to upgrade and make
improvements to keep up with today's safety standards.
PhotosGreat Plains Drilling Ltd
PO Box 467
Cudworth, Saskatchewan S0K 1B0
Technical Capability Summary
Directional Drilling Equipment Drilling Services - Seismic Drilling Services - Seismic Industrial and Oilfield Oil & Gas Operations and Maintenance Oilfield Equipment & Maintenance Oilfield Equipment & Maintenance Oilfield Equipment & Maintenance - Meters Seismic